Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië
 
IndexKalenderFAQRegistrerenInloggen

Deel | 
 

 Governor declares disaster emergency for three months

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Go down 
AuteurBericht
ol' Kesas

avatar

Aantal berichten : 1058
Registratiedatum : 05-12-13
Woonplaats : Bungaville-Down Under

BerichtOnderwerp: Governor declares disaster emergency for three months    za 13 dec 2014 - 21:42





The Jakarta Post, Banjarnegara, Saturday December 13 2014


While the death toll rose to 18 in the landslide in Karangkobar, Banjarnegara, Central Java, Governor Ganjar Pranowo imposed disaster emergency status at the location for three months, requiring the joint team of rescue workers from the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB), the military, police and the local administration to handle the disaster during that period of time.

“With the status of disaster emergency, we have instructed the BNPB’s rapid reaction team to continue accompanying the local disaster mitigation agency in handling the emergency. Maximum evacuation must be made to search for the missing people,” he said when visiting the disaster area on Saturday evening.

Besides intensifying the search, the local administration has also already established several disaster posts and temporary tents to accommodate all displaced people in the hope that all victims and the disaster’s social impact could be dealt with well, he said.

The governor also urged locals to boost cooperation to evacuate all victims and help repair the blocked road leading to the disaster location.

Rescue workers have recovered a total of 18 bodies while more than 100 others are still missing.

“We have received many different reports on the death toll because the landslide took place in several villages. Besides, more than 100 people are still missing,” deputy regent of Banjarnegara Hadi Supeno told The Jakarta Post.

A BNPB spokesman said previously that before the search for the missing victims was adjourned until Sunday morning, the rescue workers had located 17 bodies while only 90 others were missing.

Chief of the Banjarnegara military district Lt. Col. Edi Rohmatulloh said he feared more than 100 people were missing in the landslide in Gerumbul Jemblung Village because the village population was 300 and only 200 people had been accounted for among the survivors.



*
Terug naar boven Go down
 
Governor declares disaster emergency for three months
Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Relocation of Kampung Pulo residents to continue: Jakarta Governor

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: