Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Perth man's Bali housekeeper's 'feet hacked off by husband'

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
ol' Kesas

ol' Kesas

Aantal berichten : 1355
Registratiedatum : 05-12-13

Perth man's Bali housekeeper's 'feet hacked off by husband' Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Perth man's Bali housekeeper's 'feet hacked off by husband'    Perth man's Bali housekeeper's 'feet hacked off by husband' Icon_minitimema 11 sep 2017 - 0:56

Perth, September 9, 2017,

A PERTH man living in Bali has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for his housekeeper after both her feet were allegedly hacked off with a machete by her husband.

Rohan Lee said his housekeeper and friend of two years Putu Careen was viciously attacked on Tuesday night in an alcohol-fuelled rage at her home in Canggu in front of her two young children.

The former Aquinas College student said it was the worst act of violence he had ever witnessed and had left Ms Careen unable to work and support her children.

“I started the page on Thursday night after hearing about the attack. I went to bed soon after and when I woke up to check the balance and I was blown away. People had donated almost $20,000 in less than 24 hours,” he said.
“We hope to raise as much money as possible- enough for her and her two children to hopefully live comfortably for the rest of her life. “She will never be able to work again, so it is important that her and her children are set up.”

The page has already raised $35,000 of its $100,000 goal.

Mr Lee said there was no welfare or government assistance for medical treatment in Indonesia, so the GoFundMe donations were critical.

He said the money would be used for immediate medical treatment, prosthetic legs and rehabilitation and to support Putu and her children.

Ms Careen’s husband has reportedly been arrested in relation to the attack.

Mr Lee said Ms Careen was one of the kindest people he knew and despite the horrific accident she was still positive and smiling from her hospital bed.

He said the support from WA had been amazing.

“The support and generosity has been overwhelming,” Mr Lee said.

“It’s fantastic to see that people are so willing to help someone in need, someone they have never met before.

“I’ve had messages from people all over the world donating money and asking me to pass on a hug to Putu in hospital – we can’t thank everyone enough. It’s been surreal.

as read in an Aussie newspaper'

siK.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Perth man's Bali housekeeper's 'feet hacked off by husband'
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» "" The spirits of gunung Merapi still displeased with the mere mortals living at her feet?""
» Indonesian Terrorists Planned to Film Indonesia Church Blasts: Police
» Indonesian Maid Inherits $29m Fortune From Late Husband
» Ohhhh, oopsey! Woman Cuts Off Husband's Manhood
» Abused Wife Beaten for 12 Hours for Failing to Serve Husband Drink

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: