Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Indonesian Antigraft Deputy Loses Gun in Surabaya

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
ElEl

ElEl

Aantal berichten : 8018
Registratiedatum : 08-12-08

Indonesian Antigraft Deputy Loses Gun in Surabaya Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Indonesian Antigraft Deputy Loses Gun in Surabaya   Indonesian Antigraft Deputy Loses Gun in Surabaya Icon_minitimeza 31 jul 2010 - 8:54

July 30, 2010
Nivell Rayda

Jakarta. Corruption Eradication Commission deputy chairman, Muhammad Jasin made the astonishing gaffe of losing his firearm during a visit to Surabaya, East Java earlier this month, a source said on Thursday.

A source inside the commission, also known as the KPK, said that Jasin was in Surabaya to speak at a function held by the city administration about the eradication of corruption.

It was during a lunch break in one of the restaurants in Indonesia’s second largest city that Jasin noticed that his gun had gone missing.

“KPK bought 100 Walther PPK handguns last year worth Rp 16 million each and one was issued to Jasin. Usually, he wears it on his ankle for protection,” the source said to the Jakarta Globe.

“I’m not entirely sure how the firearm got lost. But Jasin recently filed for a replacement.”

Jasin confirmed that he had lost the pistol but refused to divulge further details.

“There is no crime there. It is just a mistake that my aides and I made. It has all been settled through internal mechanisms and I have already received the replacement,” he said to reporters. “What’s done is done. I don’t want to talk about it any more.”

Jasin added that he had reported the missing firearm to the Surabaya police. “One of my aides reported on my behalf,” he said.

According to internal regulations, KPK commissioners have the right to carry firearms to defend themselves against possible threats.

The commissioners also receive around the clock protection from armed police officers.

The Jakarta Globe
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://www.tileng.nl

Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
»  Security guard nearly loses an arm in brutal battle with 25ft python
» Indonesia’s Political Elite ‘Plotting to Cripple Antigraft Agency’
» Indonesia Loses up to $9b From Timber Clearing: KPK
» Bali Nine ringleader loses final appeal
» Schoolboy Dies of Rabies as Man Loses Finger in Attack.

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: