Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

“Stop provoking me” on SBY: Sultan

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
ElEl

ElEl

Aantal berichten : 8018
Registratiedatum : 08-12-08

“Stop provoking me” on SBY: Sultan Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: “Stop provoking me” on SBY: Sultan   “Stop provoking me” on SBY: Sultan Icon_minitimedo 2 dec 2010 - 12:50

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Thu, 12/02/2010 12:17 PM | Headlines

Yogyakarta’s Governor Sri Sultan Hamengkubuwono X says he does not want to talk about the President or any changes to the province’s special political status.

“Stop provoking me to deal with the President,” Sultan Hamengkubuwono X told reporters after the opening of national meeting of Indonesian Traditional Market Vendors Association (APPSI) in Bandung, West Java, on Thursday.

Hamengkubuwono said the public could decide by referendum whether the Governor of Yogyakarta should continue to be appointed or directly elected, declining to comment further.

“I have given my statement. Enough!” Hamengkubuwono said while rushing away from journalists, as reported by metrotvnews.com television news portal.

The government is currently working on a draft bill that might alter Yogyakarta’s special status in anticipation of the end of Hamengkubuwono’s second term as Governor in 2011.

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono sparked a public outcry when he said that the province’s special status should be reconsidered, as it did not accord with democratic values.
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://www.tileng.nl

Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» House set to force Sultan to resign from Golkar
» Tong Tong Fair 2011, voorheen PMB
» Papua Council Welcomes Yogyakarta Sultan’s Offer to Mediate Talks
» Islands in focus: Group names sultan’s brother Yogya ruler
» Onverwachte ontmoeting met de Sultan van Yogyakarta