Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Abused Wife Beaten for 12 Hours for Failing to Serve Husband Drink

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Abused Wife Beaten for 12 Hours for Failing to Serve Husband Drink Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Abused Wife Beaten for 12 Hours for Failing to Serve Husband Drink   Abused Wife Beaten for 12 Hours for Failing to Serve Husband Drink Icon_minitimedo 24 feb 2011 - 20:37

An Indonesian woman who has been forced to endure an abusive marriage for more than a decade has finally laid a complaint with police after she was attacked and tortured for 12 hours for failing to serve her husband a glass of water with his meal.

Masriah, 35, the fourth wife of Zainuddin, 55, said that from the beginning of her marriage in 2000, her husband had demanded he be treated like a king, Kompas.com reported.

“I have to sit on my knees and bow to him every morning, including whenever I want to go out,” The East Javanese woman told the news portal.

A failure to do so, she said, would result in heavy beating.

Masriah, who lives in the village of Banasere next to her husband’s other wives, said she had previously been too afraid to report Zainuddin to the police because of her concerns for their eight-year son.

That changed on Sunday when her relatives confronted her about the bruising on her face and she confessed to the violence she was subjected to, including the latest incident in which she was subjected to sustained abuse on Friday.

“He beat me when I forgot to bring his drink when I served him breakfast,” Kompas.com reported Masriah as saying.

She said he began yelling at her and accused her of being unfaithful and unwilling to serve him.

“But when I apologized, my husband pushed me until I fell on my face,” she said.

She said that when she attempted to rise to kneel to beg for forgiveness, here husband pulled her by the hair, struck her in the face and kicked her until she passed out.

The beating continued despite attempts by Zainuddin’s other wives and children to save her.

When neighbors attempted to intervene, the enraged man placed a sword to his wife’s neck and demanded they back away.

“I can no longer take the abuse and torture,” she was quoted as saying. “I beg the police to arrest my husband.”

Pamekasan Police chief of detectives Adjutant Comr. Nuramin said he had questioned a number of witnesses.

He said if the accusation was proven, he would be charged with domestic violence charges that carry a maximum sentence of five years in jail.

JG

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Abused Wife Beaten for 12 Hours for Failing to Serve Husband Drink
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Indonesian Forces Regroup After Failing to Capture Top Militant
» Six die in Madiun bus crash hours into the new year
» FPI Member to Serve 2 Years for Manslaughter
» Prosecutors Want Bashir To Serve Life
» NZ Police Rescue Abused Indonesian Sailors in June