Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't?

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't? Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't?   I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't? Icon_minitimevr 18 maa 2011 - 6:27

Storm Chaos Reignites Calls for Relocation of  the Capital.

The Jakarta administration is organizing compensation for vehicles and structures damaged by Wednesday’s freak weather, but frustrated Jakartans say more is needed: a capital relocation.

“Jakarta is under pressures it can no longer handle,” said Andrinof Chaniago, a public policy expert from the University of Indonesia, raising once again the debate of whether Indonesia needs to move its capital.

The sever weather on Wednesday afternoon quickly flooded roads throughout the capital, downed 42 trees and broke off branches from at least 100 more, damaging several cars and buildings in the process.

Catharina Suryowati, head of Jakarta’s Parks and Cemeteries Office , said the city would compensate the owners of each unit damaged by the trees with Rp 10 million ($1,140) each. “To claim it, the owners must give visual evidence in the form of photos, a police letter and the vehicle documents, while for buildings or houses, they must attach a letter from their neighborhood heads,” she said, adding that claims would be accepted for two months.

She acknowledged that more than 2,000 of the 70,000 trees in the city are at risk of collapse. “The trees are old, sick, rotten or tilting by more than 30 degrees. The trees’ trunks are prone to be broken,” she said.

Hari Sasongko Kushadi, head of the city’s Building Control and Monitoring Office, said owners of cars damaged by four collapsed billboards could also make claims with the city’s Tax Office against the sign owners.

Nirwono Joga, an urban planner from Trisakti University, said the city administration was always reactive to incidents like this, but rarely made attempts to prevent incidents. “It is not the trees’ faults but the planning of the trees planters,” he said.

But Andrinof said the problem was insufficient infrastructure and services creaking under the weight of a growing population.

Jakarta has become a magnet for people across the country because it is the center for both government and business. “It is now time to consider separating these two functions,” he said.

Intan Wibisono, a public relations consultant, agreed. “If the center of administration is relocated, development will spread to another part of the country and people wouldn’t flock to Jakarta,” she said. “It’s going to be a very big investment, and I know the transition period is going to be chaotic and painful, but it might pay off in the long run.”

The price of inaction, Andrinof said, was expensive for Jakartans who are forced to spend more for gas and medical costs. “Not to mention, wasting hours on the road makes people aggressive; Jakarta is full of angry, impatient people,” he said.

Emil Hartanto, an office worker who rides a motorbike from his house in Depok to his office in Pancoran, South Jakarta, every day, knows this all too well. “When you spend hours in the maze of traffic, your mood is ruined, you arrive in the office tired and grumpy, with not much energy left to stay productive,” he said.

The capital urgently needs to be relocated, Andrinof said. “There is no way to catch up, a breakthrough must happen,” he added.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Bob Angsat

Bob Angsat

Aantal berichten : 365
Registratiedatum : 18-01-10
Leeftijd : 68

I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't? Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't?   I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't? Icon_minitimevr 18 maa 2011 - 9:03

....“It is not the trees’ faults but the planning of the trees planters,” he said.

Simple solution:

Cut all the trees immediately and neighbouring villagers will be happy, as the government shall distribute the free wood for cooking to them, etc..... Plant/grow some alang alang (sort of elephant grass), put some tigers in the alang alang and some ular sawa or something like 'dem kind too. Have some mangroves grown in swampy areas too and completed with some crocodiles. Tropical humidity will help grow other kinds of flora within an eyewink.

Results:
No more botherings by rotten trees, the tigers, snakes and crocodiles will take care of too much human population in the city so the city will not be so crowdy anymore, the city will look lush and green again and the government can take a rest again for a couple of years continuing "cari upil/nose picking". And most important: Olden days with lots of jungle and animals will be back again enabling all bocak and genduk freely playing and fooling around in God's nature instead of hanging and fuzzin' 'round with ipods and iphones and such more, boring themselves till eternity.

Those who will not like "going back in time" scenes shall be forced to pack their stuff and move away to outside Java areas. EXCEPT the warung/stall keepers. They MUST stay at whatever costs, as they are truly needed while selling all the tahu telor, the rujak, the SOTO, the lumpia, the kue mangkok, the pisang and ketela goreng, the pecel semanggi, the gado gado, the lontong balap, the bami kua, the martabak, the sate, the bakso, the fruit and more.
Unfortunate Pak Potong Rambut (barbers) who usually are executing their jobs in trees' shades have to seek for other income, alas. (As there are no more trees). Or they can make their houserounds if they keep being keen on haircutting jobs.

Have a nice day and happy weekend jocolor geek sunny clown
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

I suppose they are getting sick and tired of getting flooded out, who wouldn't?
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Either sick or tired of living
» a few more, tired of living..,
» Hundreds of houses flooded in Gorontalo
» Electrocution kills 4 in flooded Semarang
» Dozens of houses flooded as dam collapses

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: