Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Explosion in Surabaya Kills One

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Explosion in Surabaya Kills One   Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Icon_minitimevr 25 maa 2011 - 17:12

Surabaya.

One man has died and another seriously injured after an explosion at a flea market in Surabaya, East Java, on Friday.

The explosion at an iron welding stall killed 16-year-old Effendi and injured Musdar, who remains in a critical condition.

The police said they had found an iron bar suspected to be the source of the blast in Asem Rowo. The bar was found on the side of the street along Jalan Tambak Mayor, after it was dumped by locals cleaning up the debris from the explosion.

“We believe the explosion came from the iron bar,” said Asem Rowo Police Chief Adj. Comr. Dolly Rimanto, as quoted by news portal Detik.com.

The explosion occurred at 9.20 a.m., but by the time police arrived at the scene the market had already by cleared of debris by locals. The iron bar was dumped about 1.5 kilometers from the market.

The iron bar, which is 120 centimeters in length and 9 centimeters in diameter, look like a small cannon.

“We are waiting for forensics and the bomb squad to arrive,” Dolly said.

Meanwhile, there was another explosion in a gutter near the Center for Science and Technology Research (Puspitek) in South Tangerang on Friday, but no injuries were reported.

The bomb squad found pieces of iron, cables and plastic.

“We are positive that this is a bomb. We are collecting the evidence and taking them to the lab,” a member of Jakarta Police’s bomb squad said.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Bob Angsat

Bob Angsat

Aantal berichten : 365
Registratiedatum : 18-01-10
Leeftijd : 68

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Explosion in Surabaya Kills One   Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Icon_minitimeza 26 maa 2011 - 3:47

Unlike the Tangerang spokesman, the Surabayan Police is not immediately spreading the word that a bomb has exploded.

However:"We believe the explosion came from the iron bar"
I know this area (Pasar Rombengan) and the local Indonesian way of handling safety rules. Most probably the explosion was caused by the welders themselves executing their welding job in some careless way.

Kesasar

Kesasar

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Explosion in Surabaya Kills One   Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Icon_minitimeza 26 maa 2011 - 3:59

Tell the truth Bobby old pal, must've been you again, playing with fireworks!
Bob Angsat

Bob Angsat

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Explosion in Surabaya Kills One   Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Icon_minitimeza 26 maa 2011 - 4:47

For sure it had been me playing with some fireworks Om K.

However, the fireworks playground is located somewhere else..... at my neighbours(Pak Lurah) whose wife had returned home hahahaha.

All well overthere?
Spring arrived, showed up for a while and has packed it suitcase again, leaving for somewhere else... Sad Sad Sad
Nevertheless, I still have my pisangtree and I added some heating spots to the stem making me feel warm again.
Idea Idea
Kesasar

Kesasar

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Explosion in Surabaya Kills One   Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Icon_minitimeza 26 maa 2011 - 6:22

Nice to hear from you again old son, had already thought you'd lost your tongue, or in this case your tengels! heading into the more unpleasant time of the year here now, bakken met hujan, with the promise of a lot more to come before it is getting any better! You guys migrated to some other site maybe, seeing there isn't much chat going on? Well, have to scan the daily rags to see if I can find something worthwhile for this column, catch you later, stay well,
siK.
Bob Angsat

Bob Angsat

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Explosion in Surabaya Kills One   Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Icon_minitimeza 26 maa 2011 - 16:48

En dit is 'm dan, dat zogenaamde exploderende ijzeren geval in Surabaya. Het was dus een stuk van een telefoonpaal of zoiets.
(Volgens Suara Surabaya van dit weekend.)

Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Ironbar.th

Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Ironbar2.th

Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Explosion in Surabaya Kills One   Explosion in Surabaya Kills One Icon_minitime

Explosion in Surabaya Kills One
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Islands in focus: Explosion kills two in Makassar
» Cellphone Battery Explosion Kills Eight-Year-Old Boy in Bali
» Nightclub fire kills 10 in Surabaya
» Indonesia’s Aging Munitions Depots in Focus After Jakarta Explosion
» Jambi explosion claims no victims

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum