Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Navy needs 10 submarines to safeguard country

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Navy needs 10 submarines to safeguard country  Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Navy needs 10 submarines to safeguard country    Navy needs 10 submarines to safeguard country  Icon_minitimema 6 jun 2011 - 2:08

The Jakarta Post | Sun, 06/05/2011

A navy official says it would need at least 10 submarines to safeguard the country’s entire marine territory.

“With 10 submarines in our hands, we could send three of them on daily patrols in the east, central and west corners while the other three will be treated as backup and the rest will be used as training vessels,” navy equipment director First Adm. Susilo said Sunday as quoted by tempointeraktif.com.

To date the navy has two submarines: the KRI Nenggala and the KRI Cakra. The KRI Cakra is currently under maintenance, leaving the KRI Nenggala to guard the entire country.

Susilo said the government has plans to purchase two submarines in the near future as part of its attempt to create an entire squadron of submarines.

( I reckon this admiral Susilo likes playing with expensive toys, he would be better of with a few fast patrol boats instead and than still have some money over for a row-boat or two. What does he want to do torpedo foreign fishing trawlers? ) siK' musings
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Navy needs 10 submarines to safeguard country
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Indonesian navy to operate Korean submarines
» Joint US Navy, Indonesian Navy Team Identifies WWII Shipwreck Off W. Java Coast as USS Houston
» Right or wrong my country, or … my religion?
» Tension with OZ Country escalates as RI deploys warships
» 'Bad Romance': Lady Gaga's Indonesia Concert Canceled, National Police Say

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: