Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt   High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt Icon_minitimedi 10 jan 2012 - 16:46

January 10, 2012

Prosecutors in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, have demanded a jail sentence for a high school student accused for stealing eight flowers.

The accused, 16-year-old F.N., was reported by his aunt, who is also his foster mother. Sonya Ully Tabun told the police that F.N. stole her flowers and sold them to a neighbor for between Rp 5,000 and Rp 10,000 (50 cents and $1) each.

F.N. said he needed the money to go to school because Sonya rarely gave him money. His parents died when he was in the fourth grade.

One of the judges, Jonikol Sine, said the court would take several issues into account before arriving at a verdict, including how the decision could affect the boy’s future.

“But the first thing we will do is get all the facts out into the open,” Jonikol said, as quoted by suarapembaruan.com. “We will think about what’s best for his future.”

F.N. was unable to hold back the tears as he spoke to reporters from his holding cell. He said he needed the money to get back and forth between his house and school.

He said he also needed money for his school fees, after he used some of the money that was meant for his fees to help pay for the Christmas celebration at the school.

“I can only hope, surrender and ask God’s help to free me,” he said. “I really hope I can go back to school.”

People in Kupang have collected 1,000 flowers to show their support for F.N. and urge his immediate release.

 JG

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
wujud
Admin
wujud

Aantal berichten : 1008
Registratiedatum : 08-12-08

High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt   High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt Icon_minitimedi 10 jan 2012 - 17:38

Sandalen-protest... Bloemen-protest...
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
https://indonesie.actieforum.com

High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Three high-school students died over school activity
» High school student named suspect in killing
»  Junior high school graduates dominate Indonesia workforce
» Man burned to death for stealing mosque amplifiers