Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Dutch students witness release of shackled persons

Ga naar beneden 
3 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Dutch students witness release of shackled persons Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Dutch students witness release of shackled persons   Dutch students witness release of shackled persons Icon_minitimedi 11 dec 2012 - 0:55

Bali Daily, Monday, December 10 2012

Four students from Stenden Hogeschool in Groningen, the Netherlands, could not hide their distress when seeing Komang Anggraeni, a mentally ill patient, shackled with a heavy metal chain. The thin, half naked woman with a hollow face sat helplessly on dirty ground, covered only with a textile tent, knowing she had no future in this harsh world.

The Dutch students — Femke Hof, Jelmer, Petra Peters and Nikki U Krieken — visited the 32-year-old Anggraeni’s dilapidated hut along with Luh Suryani, professor of psychiatry at Udayana University and chairwoman of Suryani Institute of Mental Health, who had planned to release the shackled Anggraeni last Friday afternoon.

“I will not be able to close my eyes, to sleep tonight. The scene here was too distressing for me as a human being. I cannot stop thinking of her deprived physical and mental condition,” said Peters with tears in her eyes.

Their visit Friday was not a welcome one for Anggraeni’s family.

Living in deprived conditions with a mentally ill brother and sister, as well as a sick mother, has been too much to bear for Ketut Tika.

“I have to find work to support this family. My mother is old and sick. If you release my sister then I cannot look after her. She will roam the village at night and I will have to look for her,” Ketut Tika said.

Anggraeni was first diagnosed as suffering from mental illness in 2006. Her mother and brother could do nothing to help her medically as they did not have the money to take her to a doctor. They shackled Anggraeni, using a metal chain, in the bush area next to her house to prevent her from creating disturbances in the village.

“I have come here to treat Anggraeni and to give her medication and, therefore, the family must take off these heavy chains,” insisted the professor, who was accompanied by her colleague Dr. Cokorda Bagus Jaya Lesama.

Luh Suryani has pledged to medically and psychologically treat Anggraeni at her own expense. After arguing with Anggraeni’s family, Suryani finally got permission to treat her and to release her from her seven years of being shackled.

Her brother, Kadek Pradnya, who was released several years ago, helped her unlock the chain and brought her a clean clothes.

Unstable and unhealthy, Anggraeni looked happy. Her tiny hands tried to grab Suryani’s hands to express her gratitude.

Suryani examined her physical condition, gave her an injection and some vitamins.

In the heavy rain, Anggraeni ran to the parking site, 1 kilometer from her home, to meet Suryani and her team to say, “Thank you and good bye.”

It is estimated about 350 of 9,000 people with mental illness are shackled by their families in Bali. Most of them live in poor areas in Buleleng and Karangasem regencies.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
wu

wu

Aantal berichten : 6613
Registratiedatum : 08-12-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Dutch students witness release of shackled persons   Dutch students witness release of shackled persons Icon_minitimedi 11 dec 2012 - 7:19

treurig pale
Hadden we niet ook iets dergelijks gezien in het programma van Adriaan van Dis? ('Van Dis in Indonesië', vanaf maart dit jaar op tv)
iedereen viel daarover..

Toch best wel vreemd, als je bedenkt dat Bali heel populair is, zoveel toeristen die er komen.. maar blijkbaar blijven die alleen op de stranden en in de toeristencentra. Geen interesse in het eiland en de mensen die daar leven.

Maar gelukkig is er Thijs met zijn Sjaki-Tari-Us, zijn stichting die kinderen met het syndroom van Down een beter perspectief biedt (zie bij Kijk- en Luistertips)
Alle kleine beetjes helpen
https://indonesie.actieforum.com
Henri R. Cingoor

Henri R. Cingoor

Aantal berichten : 2328
Registratiedatum : 04-01-09

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Dutch students witness release of shackled persons   Dutch students witness release of shackled persons Icon_minitimedi 11 dec 2012 - 9:14

...zoveel toeristen die er komen.. maar blijkbaar blijven die alleen op de stranden en in de toeristencentra. Geen interesse in het eiland en de mensen die daar leven.

As always. Is des toeristens eigen toch.

We sparen hele het jaar door om naar het Godeneiland te gaan, hangen daar de toerist uit, bakken onszelf zo bruin als aangebrande terasi gemengd met petis en dan willen we ook goden zien en geen menselijk leed toch.

Was heel vroeger al zo ten tijde van Ned. Indië.
De welgestelden gingen voor een vakantie naar Bali en zagen veelal (mede dankzij enkele fotografen) de wulpse durpsschonen zonder bovenlappie en voor de rest apies kijken en tempeltje betreden en Singapore sling zuipen op het strand.

En na een poosje zijn we terug op de plaats van oorsprong en we hebben de grootste napret en is het tot volgend jaar weer.
http://www.imexbo.nl
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Dutch students witness release of shackled persons   Dutch students witness release of shackled persons Icon_minitime

Dutch students witness release of shackled persons
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Abu Bakar Ba’asyir not involved in military training in Aceh: Witness
» early release?
» Over 500 Indonesian students head to the Netherlands
» Release of Militants Fuels Fear Indonesians Will Join IS Forces
» Police Release More Details in Kalideres Schoolgirl Murder Case

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum