Chicken and spinach curry
• some oil for frying
• 1 large onion
• 6 cloves garlic
• 2 cm piece fresh root ginger
• 1 heaped teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 quarter teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 quarter teaspoon ground chilli more if desired
• half a teaspoon garam masala
• 2 ripe tomatoes
• 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• Salt and black pepper
• 150 ml thick cream or coconut cream
• 200g or more baby spinach
Heat the oil in a wok over moderate heat. Chop the onion and fry in the oil. Peel and crush the garlic and stir it into the onion, continue frying.
Peel and finely chop the ginger and stir it into the onion along with the turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli and garam masala, continue frying.
Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the wok. Fry over gentle heat until cooked down into a pulp.
Cut the thighs into bite-sized chunks.
When the tomatoes are ready, increase the heat to high, add the chicken and stir-fry until all the pieces have turned white. Season with salt and pepper, then pour in the cream and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
Add the spinach to the curry and stir continuously until it boils, then remove the wok from the heat and leave to sit for a while. It is now ready to serve.
Howdy goeie mensen, dit "klinkt" niet alleen goed maar smaakt ook goed hoor! Probeer maar