Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Megawati says KPK could be shut down

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
ol' Kesas

ol' Kesas

Aantal berichten : 1355
Registratiedatum : 05-12-13

Megawati says KPK could be shut down  Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Megawati says KPK could be shut down    Megawati says KPK could be shut down  Icon_minitimedi 18 aug 2015 - 12:12

The Jakarta Post, Tue, August 18 2015

Former President Megawati Soekarnoputri on Tuesday drew attention to ad hoc institutions in Indonesia, especially the existence of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), which she said could be disbanded because it was temporary in nature.

“We must stop the so-called corruption so that the commission, which is temporary in nature, can be disbanded,” she said as quoted by Antara in Jakarta on Tuesday.

Megawati said the formation of the KPK was based on a strong reason, namely to eradicate corruption. Thus, she further said, the existence of the institution was no longer needed if corruption was dealt with.

“It seems that the current [corruption eradication] efforts are beating around the bush; thus, we don’t know how long the KPK will continue to exist -- though initially its formation had a reason,” said Megawati.

The fifth Indonesian president further said that she was fully aware that her statement would draw pros and cons from the people and she could even be bullied by people who considered her statement merely as "provocation".

However, Megawati said, it was very logical for her to make such a statement.

“If there is no corruption in Indonesia, the KPK would be no longer exist and this is logical thinking,” she said.

Megawati further said the existence of ad hoc institutions in Indonesia, which now reached around 80, needed to be reviewed because such a high number of institutions would absorb a large amount of the state budget.

“I know there are 80 institutions in the form of ad hoc commissions. Pak Zul [People’s Consultative Assembly speaker Zulkifli Hasan] has even said there are 100 institutions. We know some of them, such as the KPK, the Judicial Commission and the General Elections Commission," said Megawati.

"All of them receive state facilities and I’ve tried to calculate budgetary allocations for the commissions; for some of them I have no idea of their whereabouts and how much funding allocations they need. Their existence should be reexamined,” said Megawati.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Megawati says KPK could be shut down
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Surabaya to Shut Down Dolly by Mid-June
» Illegal Mine Operation Shut Down in Ambon
» Beleaguered Indonesian Churches Still Shut This Christmas
» Papua Police Shut Down KNPB Protest in Manokwari
» Police Shut Down Toxic Waste Warehouse in North Jakarta

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum