Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Official nabbed for bribery claims the money was set aside for charity

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
ol' Kesas

ol' Kesas

Aantal berichten : 1355
Registratiedatum : 05-12-13

Official nabbed for bribery claims the money was set aside for charity Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Official nabbed for bribery claims the money was set aside for charity   Official nabbed for bribery claims the money was set aside for charity Icon_minitimeza 26 aug 2017 - 2:03

Jakarta Globe, 25/08/2017

Jakarta. A senior government official arrested by the national antigraft agency in a sting operation earlier this week claims that the alleged bribe money found in his possession was destined for charity.

Antonius Tonny Budiono, director of sea transportation at the Ministry of Transportation, said the Rp 20 billion ($1.5 million) in cash was earmarked for several charities, including churches and orphanages.

"I make donations to orphanages. I also donate to churches and schools that need to be repaired," Antonius said at the headquarters of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) in Jakarta on Friday (25/08).

He emphasized that neither his superior, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi, nor other ministry officials had been involved in the alleged bribery. "I take full responsibility," Antonius said.

He admitted to having misappropriated money received from businessmen working on projects for the ministry's sea transportation division.

"I apologize to the public; hopefully this won't happen again," Antonius said.

During his arrest on Wednesday night, members of a KPK task force found 33 suitcases containing a total of Rp 18.9 billion in US dollars, euros, pounds sterling and Malaysian ringgit.

Antigraft investigators also seized four ATM cards from three different banks, one of which had a balance of Rp 1.2 billion.

Antonius is suspected of having accepted bribes from Adiputra Kurniawan, a commissioner at dredging and reclamation contractor Adhi Guna Keruktama, which was bidding for a Transportation Ministry contract to dredge sand from Tanjung Mas Port in Semarang, Central Java.

Minister Budi appointed Bay M. Hasani, a former director of sea traffic and transportation at the ministry, as acting director on Thursday to replace Antonius.

( 'Hoping this will not happen again' the man said meaning not to get caught again? I should not think so, the KPK will hang him out to dry and no breakfast in bed for many years to come! And all that money to charity?) siK' comment

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Official nabbed for bribery claims the money was set aside for charity
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» KPK to charge Atut with money laundering on top of bribery
» Plot to murder Ahok detected on Telegram: Official claims
» Bandung mayor arrested on bribery charges
» Bandung Judge Jailed 12 Years for Bribery
» Police refuse to free student who uploaded bribery video

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum