Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

one down, how many more to go?

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

one down, how many more to go? Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: one down, how many more to go?   one down, how many more to go? Icon_minitimedo 24 jun 2010 - 7:37

Noordin’s Father-in-Law on Trial over Jakarta Bombings

The father-in-law of slain Malaysian terror leader Noordin Mohammed Top went on trial in Indonesia on Thursday, facing up to 15 years in prison for helping the fugitive evade capture.

Baharudin Latif alias Baridin, 55, was arrested five months after suicide bomb attacks on two luxury hotels in Jakarta in July last year that killed seven people.

“The defendant deliberately provided assistance and facilities to the perpertrator of terrorism, by hiding from police the most-wanted terror mastermind Noordin Mohammed Top,” prosecutor Firmansyah told the court.

Noordin was killed in a police raid in September, ending one of Southeast Asia’s biggest manhunts.

He led a group he called "Al-Qaeda in the Malay Archipelago" and was responsible for multiple deadly attacks in the mainly Muslim country, including the hotel bombings and a truck-bomb blast at the Australian embassy in 2004.

Firmansyah said Latif had been a member of regional terror network Jemaah Islamiyah, or JI, since 1995 and led a local branch in East Java province in 2000.

“The defendant was introduced to Noordin Mohammed Top in 2005 when he picked him up in Pemalang town of Central Java and harboured him in his home in Cilacap of Central Java,” he said.

Noordin visited Latif’s house three times and married his daughter, Arina Rahmah, in 2006.

“After the marriage, Noordin lived in Baridin’s house,” Firmansyah said. According to the International Crisis Group think-tank, Noordin married Rahmah in 2006 and the couple had two children.

Rahmah was also arrested but denied knowing the true identity of her husband.

The 2009 hotel attacks were the first against Western targets in Indonesia since 2005 when Noordin’s JI splinter group allegedly bombed tourist restaurants on the resort island of Bali, killing 20 people.

Agence France-Presse
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Henri R. Cingoor

Henri R. Cingoor

Aantal berichten : 2328
Registratiedatum : 04-01-09

one down, how many more to go? Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: one down, how many more to go?   one down, how many more to go? Icon_minitimedo 24 jun 2010 - 9:50

....Rahmah was also arrested but denied knowing the true identity of her husband......

She wasn't able to idenfy it truly nor correctly, as many times she asked him: "Noor, what the heck are you grinding in my cobek? It looks like gunpowder."

"No love" he replied smilingly. "I am grinding terasi belacan for the pepesan tonight."

"Oh" she then responded." That is OK then, but will you bakar the terasi belacan in plastic tubes ? " while watching the strange looking tubes with some small ropes attached.

"No no, the tubes are not ordinary tubes, these are my pipes for blowing the arang fire for heating up the pepesan my dear."

"Oh, OK then. See ya around. Will be going to the pasar now. Bye bye my great hero, see you later alligator buaya."

"Yeah yeah, just go now and leave me and peace shall be with you."

And off she went to the market, not knowing about her husband's strange and suspicious activities.

Blessed are those who live in ignorance and stupidity. tongue

Amien.
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://www.imexbo.nl

one down, how many more to go?
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: