Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta  Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta     Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta  Icon_minitimedi 4 jun 2013 - 23:50

The Jakarta Globe, June 4, 2013.

A woman accused of stealing two BlackBerry cellphones was assaulted before being stripped bare and shaved bald in another instance of vigilante justice in Jakarta on Tuesday.

The 19-year-old was marched to a security post in Matraman, East Jakarta, by a mob after she was allegedly caught stealing mobile phones from two homes. The teenager begged local residents for forgiveness as they beat and cursed her, said Gunadi, one of her alleged victims.

The residents, most of them women, then forced her to strip and shaved her head to “demean her,” Gunadi said.

“All were emotional, so they shaved her head to bald,” she explained.

Tuesday’s ordeal began as Gunadi reportedly caught the woman in her home.

“She was suddenly inside my house, I don’t know her,” Gunadi said.

The woman asked to use her bathroom, but was later seen with a BlackBerry belonging to Gunadi’s son, the victim said. Neighbors arrived on the scene and searched the 19-year-old, reportedly finding a second stolen phone.

“The mobile phone that was in her hand was my son’s phone, the other one was my neighbor’s phone,” Gunadi said. “She stole the phone before [coming to my house].”

The crowd then passed judgement and attacked the woman.

Mob justice is a common occurrence in Jakarta where residents have set vehicles ablaze after traffic accidents and attacked accused thieves.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Henri R. Cingoor

Henri R. Cingoor

Aantal berichten : 2328
Registratiedatum : 04-01-09

Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta  Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta     Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta  Icon_minitimewo 5 jun 2013 - 14:32

Blackberry phones????

It should read: "Blackberry" fakes/looks alikes, made in China... 300.000 Rphs a piece.

Residents' dompets are too small to buy the original BB's, nevertheless it remains "stealing/colong."

I just wonder: Why stripped her if only the head was...... Embarassed
Maybe Gilette was sponsoring? clown
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://www.imexbo.nl

Mob Attacks, Strips and Shaves Accused Thief in East Jakarta
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» One Dead, Eight Wounded After Weekend of Jakarta Biker Gang Attacks
» BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attackJakarta Post, Jakarta, Wed, May 24, 2017 At least five people have fallen victim to a bomb blast near a Transjakarta bus station in Kampung Melayu in East Jakarta
» Fire razes 150 houses in East Jakarta
» Angry mob rejects eviction in East Jakarta
»  LRT girder collapses in East Jakarta, injures five

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: