Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
ol' Kesas

ol' Kesas

Aantal berichten : 1355
Registratiedatum : 05-12-13

Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case   Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case Icon_minitimedo 21 aug 2014 - 23:00

The Jakarta Globe, Aug 21, 2014

Jakarta. Suspended Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah on Thursday pleaded for judges at the Jakarta Anti-Corruption Court to hand her a light sentence in a corruption case involving the bribery of former Constitutional Court Chief Justice Akil Mochtar.

“I am asking for the lightest and the fairest verdict,” Atut said as she read her plea at the court.

Atut was arrested in December for bribing Akil to issue a favorable ruling in a dispute election result in Lebak district. The district is in Banten Province and the money given to Akil was for the Constituional Court to rule in favor of a candidate loyal to Atut.

Anti-graft investigators and activists believe that Atut has used her control over the province’s vast budget to award tenders run by her family — and steal millions of dollars from the people of a province who remain remarkably poor given that they live next to Southeast Asia’s largest city.

Amir Hamzah, her chosen candidate, had lost the election, but took an appeal to the Constitutional Court in an attempt to overturn the result.

Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) prosecutors last week demanded that Atut serve 10 years in prison and pay a Rp 250 million ($21,250) fine for bribing Akil.

Atut continues, however, to maintain her innocence — saying she was set up by Akil.

“My brother [Tubagus Chaeri Wardana] and I are victims of Akil, Susi Tur Andayani and Amir’s game. My name was sold as if we were closely related,” Atut said.

Wawan, Atut’s brother, was convicted in June of handing Akil the Rp 1 billion bribe. He was handed a five-year sentence and a Rp 150 million fine.

Susi, a lawyer tasked with delivering the bribe to Akil, was also handed a five-year sentence.

Atut stressed on Thursday that during Susi’s trial, the latter had admitted using Atut’s name in trying to influence Akil’s decision. Additionally, she said Wawan had never contacted her regarding Hamzah’s request for help on the dispute nor about his meeting with Akil.

“If there had been any communication between my brother and I, it was to ask Tubagus Chaeri Wardana to accompany me to see a doctor in Singapore,” she said.

During the court hearing, Atut extended an apology to members of her family, some of whom she said suffered “social sanctions” because of the case.

“To my youngest son, I’m sorry that you had to endure social sanctions from your friends at the public school, and that you had to quit school,” she said, adding that her eldest granddaughter had also faced similar difficulties.

“My family, who still have faith in me and believe that I am a victim of those thirsting for power, are waiting for the judges’ verdict,” she said. “They are hoping I can be given justice.”

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
OmSid

Aantal berichten : 861
Registratiedatum : 08-01-09

Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case   Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case Icon_minitimevr 22 aug 2014 - 8:25

Adoeh, zielig seh .
Hebben ze daar geen taakstraffen, 200 uren werken in een rumah jompo(bejaardentehuis) ?
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Ratu Atut Maintains She’s a Victim in Akil Mochtar Bribery Case
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Ratu Atut’s Arrest
» BNN Says Marijuana Matches High-Rolling Akil Mochtar’s DNA
» Akil Mochtar Largesse Extends to Dangdut War Chest
» SBY Suspends Akil Mochtar, Imposes Strict Judicial Monitoring
»  KPK to Question Ratu Atut’s Step-Brother

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum