THE JAKARTA POST
Jakarta | Thu, June 15, 2017 | by JESSICHA VALENTINA
Ayam bakar Padang (Padang-style grilled chicken) is a Ramadhan special at Cinnamon restaurant, Mandarin Oriental hotel, Central Jakarta.
“The dish comes with a spicy flavor and a hint of sourness,” says the restaurant's chef de cuisine Ciptoroso.
As long as you have all the ingredients, cooking ayam bakar Padang is relatively easy. However, to make it even more delicious, Ciptoroso suggests home cooks to marinate the chicken overnight.
Below is the ayam bakar Padang recipe as made by Ciptoroso.
• 50 grams red chilies
• 30 grams shallot
• 20 grams garlic
• 10 grams ginger
• 10 grams tomato
• ½ chicken
• Salt and pepper for seasoning
• 2 slices of lime
• Mix the spices by putting red chilies, shallot, garlic, ginger and tomato in a food processor or blender. Blend well.
• Season chicken with salt and pepper.
• Marinate chicken with the spices for a minimum of one hour.
• Squeeze lime juice on the chicken.
• Grill chicken. Using brush, spread the rest of the spices until the chicken is perfectly grilled.
Boleh makan! Proberen maar