Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Anger Over Death of Pet Dogs on Train

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Anger Over Death of Pet Dogs on Train Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Anger Over Death of Pet Dogs on Train   Anger Over Death of Pet Dogs on Train Icon_minitimeza 30 apr 2011 - 20:56

Christina Mason is still without solace two months after a tragic incident in which three of her St. Bernard dogs were found dead on arrival after spending 15 hours cramped inside the cargo section of a train.

Mason had used the services of Yohanes Indrajaya, from Planet Petshop at Jakarta’s Gajah Mada Plaza mall, to transport her four dogs — Aisha, Alfan, Dextra and Dior — from Jakarta to Yogyakarta by train in February.

However, upon arrival, three of the dogs were dead, with Aisha the only survivor.

Mason said Yohanes had placed two dogs each in a cage measuring 72 centimeters high by 66 centimeters wide. The dogs ranged in size from 72 centimeters tall (Aisha) to 83 cm (Alfan).

Media reports said Yohanes had offered to pay back the amount he charged for his services, Rp 3 million ($350).

Artha Tan, an animal rights activist involved in the case, said each of the dogs was supposed to have been transported in its own P7-sized cage.

“Instead, they stuffed the four dogs into two [smaller] P5 cages, meaning two dogs per cage,” Artha said.

“On top of that, they taped up the only holes the cages had, which prevented the flow of air.”

A veterinarian’s report found that the dogs had died from lack of oxygen.

“I thought the cages were big enough,” Mason said. “I didn’t know for sure but I trusted Yohanes. I don’t have experience with sending animals but he assured me that he was experienced in the field.”

Mason’s invoices show that Yohanes paid Rp 1.3 million to have the dogs transported to Yogyakarta by train unsupervised.

“He was unwilling to pay someone to guide the dogs to the destination,” Mason said, adding that she was considering taking the case to court.

“Though it’s been very emotional, I don’t want any money from him,” she said. “I just want him to publicly apologize.”

A Facebook group titled “1,000,0000 Boikot [to Boycott] Planet Petshop and Yohanes Indrajaya” has been launched on behalf of Mason and her dogs.

By Friday evening, it had more than 14,600 supporters.

(x the JG)
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Anger Over Death of Pet Dogs on Train
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Master meets gory death from own dogs
» After Escaping Death Abroad, Maid Faces Anger at Home
» Unleashing Indonesian Anger Over the Internet
» Indonesian Pilots Take Off With Anger at Minister’s Comments
» Oz Boat Policy Stokes Indonesian Anger