Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher   Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher Icon_minitimeza 30 apr 2011 - 23:32

Dressed in his junior high school uniform, a boy sat quietly with two of his friends and his lawyer outside of the court room, awaiting his first trial session. “I hope I get off free,” 14-year-old DS whispered.

DS is being charged with stealing a phone credit voucher worth
Rp 10,000 (US$1.17). He could face seven years in jail because of his crime, prosecutors said.

DS’s story is that he found the voucher on the road and picked it up. He then heard the voice of a policeman, who happened to be at the scene, accusing him of stealing. He ran and gave the voucher to his friend, MB, who then gave it to another friend, ML.

The police identified the youths only by their initials. The prosecution told a different story.

“We have enough evidence from witnesses to continue the trial,” Teuku Agam, the case prosecutor said.

At the scene of the alleged crime, the police apprehended ML, who led them to DS’ house. The police then arrested DS as a suspect. ML and MB were named as witnesses.

ML said he had been questioned by the police immediately after they found him, and that the officers hit him during questioning.

“They hit me on the face and kicked my arms,” said the 14-year-old witness outside of the Central Jakarta District Court on Thursday. “By the time I arrived home I had bruises all over.” The police were not available to comment on the accusation on Thursday.

Sukini, the mother of DS, who was at the court with her son, said “I fear for him, but there’s nothing I can do.”

DS’ lawyer, Supriyadi Sebayang, said he objected to the indictment and requested that the boy be pardoned. Supriyadi said there were legal flaws in the police’s handling of the case.

He said crimes involving minors were regulated in a joint decree signed by leaders of six state institutions, including the Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection Ministry, the Social Services Ministry, the Law and Human Rights Ministry and the Supreme Court.

The decree stipulates that criminal cases involving minors should be resolved amiably outside of court.

He said the case was tainted with discrimination.

“Why does a boy in a case involving Rp 10,000 have to be detained while the big corrupt people like the governor of Bengkulu doesn’t?” Sebayang said, referring to Agusrin M. Najamuddin, who was recently named a suspect in a corruption case.

“This is discrimination by law enforcers in this country.”

The next hearing of the trial will take place on May 5

(X the Jak Pos)

"This is about as bad as that guy who had 6 months pre-trial detention for carrying a pocketknfe during or just after the Merapi resque!" Kesas' musings.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
LL
Admin
LL

Aantal berichten : 1026
Registratiedatum : 07-12-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher   Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher Icon_minitimezo 1 mei 2011 - 10:37

Sad
http://www.tileng.nl
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher   Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher Icon_minitimewo 11 mei 2011 - 7:08

Boy on Trial Over $1 Phone Credit Acquitted

The Central Jakarta District Court acquitted a 14-year-old boy on trial for allegedly stealing a Rp 10,000 ($1.17) cell phone credit voucher.

Presiding judge Tjokorda Rai Suamba freed Deli Suhandi, a sophomore at a junior high school, from all charges because the case investigation was considered defective.

“During the investigation, the defendant was not accompanied by a lawyer, hence the investigation is deemed to be defective,” Tjokorda told the Jakarta Globe.

The judge said that even though the police investigation report had a letter attached and signed by the teenager stating that he had refused to be assisted by a lawyer, it was a violation of legal procedures.

"The letter should have been signed by his parents because he is still a minor, therefore, the case is defective," he said.

Deli's lawyer said that they were waiting for the prosecutor to respond to the sentence.

"The prosecutor has seven days to decide whether or not he will appeal the sentence and if he doesn't file any appeals within that period, the case against Deli will be dropped," Hendra said.
LL
Admin
LL

Aantal berichten : 1026
Registratiedatum : 07-12-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher   Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher Icon_minitimewo 11 mei 2011 - 7:29

cheers
http://www.tileng.nl
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher   Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher Icon_minitime

Boy faces 7 years for stealing $1 phone voucher
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Aceh Man Faces 20 Years for Rape, Murder of 6-Year-Old Girl
» Bashir Faces Bomb Charges
» Indonesian Maid Jailed 12 months for Stealing $9,880
» Man burned to death for stealing mosque amplifiers
» High School Boy on Trial for Stealing Flowers From Aunt

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum