Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu   Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu Icon_minitimedo 12 apr 2012 - 19:02

April 12, 2012

Officials from the Jakarta satellite city of Bogor arrested two tofu vendors on Thursday in a local traditional market for allegedly selling tofu preserved with formalin, a diluted form of formaldehyde.

The Bogor Industry and Trade Agency said the arrests were made as officials were trying to locate the tofu producer.

“We’ve arrested the two vendors to question them about the source of tofu they sell. We’ve asked for support from police to do the questioning,” the head of the agency, M. Sinaga, said in Bogor on Thursday.

Sinaga said the two male vendors allegedly violated the Consumer Protection Law, and might face up to five years in jail and be ordered to pay Rp 200 million ($21,800) in fines.

Formalin is a diluted form of formaldehyde, a known carcinogen. Its illegal use, however, persists as a preservative in food items like tofu, noodles and chicken in Indonesia.

In 2005, the capital was rocked by a widespread panic when it was discovered that approximately 60 percent of Jakarta’s noodle shops were serving dishes laced with the substance.

( x the JG)

( tjonge! Now I know why some people say that I look younger than my age! Already well preserved with formalin clown )

siK

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Duinkonijn

Duinkonijn

Aantal berichten : 1148
Registratiedatum : 19-05-09
Leeftijd : 79

Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu   Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu Icon_minitimedo 12 apr 2012 - 23:42

Pak Kesas wrote:
Citaat :
tjonge! Now I know why some people say that I look younger than my age! Already well preserved with formalin

a beautiful statement! !

LOL

DK
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://home.planet.nl/~hvschaik/home.htm

Two Bogor Vendors Arrested for Selling Formalin-Tainted Tofu
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Vendors celebrate Independence Day at market in Surabaya
» Productie van tofu zorgt voor groene warmte in Indonesisch dorp