Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Quake causes panic among Cianjur, Sukabumi residents

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

Quake causes panic among Cianjur, Sukabumi residents Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Quake causes panic among Cianjur, Sukabumi residents   Quake causes panic among Cianjur, Sukabumi residents Icon_minitimema 4 jun 2012 - 19:24

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta Mon, 06/04/2012

A 6.1-magnitude earthquake on Monday drove shoppers in Cianjur Supermall in Cianjur, West Java, into a panic, with hundreds rushing to get out of the mall when they felt the tremor.

The Meteorological, Climatology and Geophysics Agency said the epicenter of the quake was located 121 kilometers southwest of Sukabumi regency, or 141 kilometers southwest of Sukabumi city, at a depth of 24 kilometers.

Cianjur lies east of Sukabumi in the southern coast of Java

"There was quite a panic, due to the strong effects of the quake. I ran out because I was afraid that the earthquake would last a long time. I also feared that there was going to be a follow-up quake," Rahmi, a shopper at Cianjur Supermall, told Antara News agency on Monday.

Similar reactions were witnessed among people at local hospitals, office buildings and shopping centers throughout Cianjur.

At Cianjur General Hospital, dozens of patients were evacuated from the building as a precaution. After a few minutes, the patients were allowed to return to their rooms.

Some of the patients were initially reluctant to return to their rooms for fear of aftershocks and only returned after waiting to verify that all was well.

"It would have been pretty risky if we hadn't taken the patients out, especially if the quake ended up lasting longer than it did. In the end, the unspeakable didn't happen, even though many patients were frightened," said Dendy, head of an in-patient ward at Cianjur General Hospital.

Meanwhile, a resident of Sukabumi city, Dina Nurlaila, said she rushed from her home when the tremor started.

“Some of my neighbors even broke open locked doors,” she told reporters.

Residents in Palabuhanratu, Sukabumi regency, said they felt the tremor for quite some time.

“All I had in my mind was carrying my child while reciting prayers,” said Eliyas who lives in the coastal district of Palabuhanratu.

The quake was also felt as far as Banten and Jakarta, including in The Jakarta Post’s office, in the northern coast of Java

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Quake causes panic among Cianjur, Sukabumi residents
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» 735 buildings damaged in Sukabumi after Tuesday`s 6.4-magnitude quake
» 15 dead in Cianjur road accident
» Mob attacks Ahmadiyah mosque in Cianjur
» Indonesian Earthquake Causes Panic
» Indonesian Quakes Cause Lots of Panic, No Tsunami

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum