Indonesië
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Indonesië

Informatie- en nieuwsforum over Indonesië en Nederlands-Indië

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

1.17m residents have no access to clean water

Ga naar beneden 
2 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Kesasar

Kesasar

Aantal berichten : 2586
Registratiedatum : 03-01-09

1.17m residents have no access to clean water Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimewo 5 sep 2012 - 9:12

Bali Daily, 2012-09-05

Around 1.17 million residents in Bali have been struggling to get access to clean water, an official said.

Speaking during the groundbreaking of Petanu Clean Water Management Installation (IPA) in Gianyar on Tuesday morning, Public Works deputy minister Hermanto Dardak said that actually the island’s water accessibility was quite good, reaching 70.3 percent, or 2.78 million, of the total 3.95 million population.

“Bali actually exceeds the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which set a target of providing clean water access to 68.8 percent of the total population in certain areas,” the deputy minister said.

The central government, in this case the Public Works Ministry, has an ambitious target for Bali as the country’s top tourist destination.

“Bali is a gateway for tourists to Indonesia and therefore we plan to provide clean water access to 80 percent of the island’s population,” Dardak said.

“To meet the target, we plan to provide clean water access to an additional 390,000 inhabitants within 2.5 years,” he said.

Petanu IPA is part of the government’s efforts to meet this target. The construction of Petanu IPA, which cost a total of Rp 65.48 billion (US$ 6.8 million) funded by the state budget, is expected to be completed in November next year.

Petanu IPA, which will use water from the Petanu River in Gianyar, is expected to be able to supply 300 liters of clean water per second to be distributed to 21,000 households, or 85,000 inhabitants, in Gianyar, Denpasar and Badung.

The construction of Petanu IPA will be followed with the development of the Clean Water Distribution System (SPAM) in the three regencies. The projects will be funded from the state, provincial and regional budget.

The Bali administration has allocated Rp 126.48 billion from its 2012 and 2013 budget for the construction of the 24-kilometer water pipe network. While the Denpasar, Badung and Gianyar administrations will jointly set aside Rp 126 billion for the construction of supporting networks.

“We hope that the city tap water company, PDAM, in the three regencies will be able to provide better clean water in terms of quality, quantity and continuity,” he said, adding that Petanu SPAM was expected to provide better clean water access to tourist-related facilities as Bali will be hosting the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit next year.

Provincial administration secretary Made Jendra, representing Bali governor Made Mangku Pastika, said that Petanu SPAM was expected to solve the water shortage.

“The number of residents in south Bali has surged drastically due to rapid tourism development. As a consequence, the need for clean water is also increasing,” Jendra said.

Denpasar deputy mayor IGN Jaya Negara said that Petanu SPAM was urgently needed to provide greater access to clean water to Denpasar residents.

He explained that around 4,500 households in Denpasar were still on the waiting list to get tap water from PDAM. As of now, he said, PDAM is serving 66,667 customers.

“By receiving 150 liters/second in additional clean water from Petanu SPAM in 2013, we hope that PDAM can meet demand,” Jaya Negara said.

Badung deputy regent I Ketut Sudikerta said that Petanu SPAM was needed to support the regency’s water needs.

Badung PDAM predicted that the need for clean water in Badung reaches 1,275 liters per second. Badung PDAM, however, could only provide 900 liters per second. Badung will get an additional 100 liters per second of clean water from Petanu SPAM.

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Duinkonijn

Duinkonijn

Aantal berichten : 1148
Registratiedatum : 19-05-09
Leeftijd : 79

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimewo 5 sep 2012 - 20:23

Clean water is not always the same as potable water!

DK
http://home.planet.nl/~hvschaik/home.htm
Kesasar

Kesasar

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimewo 5 sep 2012 - 22:47

Hmm yeah bro. K'nijn I seem to recall from somwhere in the mists of my befuddled brain that you wrote something to the effect that you worked at the Water Works somewhere, so you are the expert here, give us the low-down on the various colours of water ( grey-brown etc, clean-potable and so on) so we all could get some education on this matter, 'cause clean water to me denotes that colourless runny stuff that comes from the tap or an artesian bore that you can drink, could be wrong here, you can tell me that! see you tata's siK.

Duinkonijn

Duinkonijn

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimewo 5 sep 2012 - 22:57

Yes dear Pak Kesas, bro Henri and I have previously worked in the water industry. I myself was a laboratory man and did all kinds of water research.

So: clear water is not always potable water. Evil or Very Mad
Even artesian bore: you cannot trust that this is potable water: stronger: it could be toxic!

DK
Kesasar

Kesasar

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimedo 6 sep 2012 - 7:29

Yup, that was clear water, but it reads clean water, meaning water that has no gubies and the like in it and OK to drink, the difference there is a case of getting terribly sick or even death, or water that sustaines life, and that is what they are short of, has a lot to do with pollution I think. siK

Duinkonijn

Duinkonijn

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimedo 6 sep 2012 - 21:30

Clear water or clean water is not always potable water by the same reasons!

DK
Kesasar

Kesasar

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimedo 6 sep 2012 - 22:20

I think we are talking in circles here bro K'nijn, to my understanding clean water = drinking water, so water that has been treated by filtration-chlorination and/or other additives to render it safe for consumption.
In some places here, specially in the high country the water in the creeks away from farms and the like, is still safe enough to drink (I would still boil it though) but then with all the spraying of herbicides and pesticides you never know h`e.
Gruces, siK.

Duinkonijn

Duinkonijn

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitimevr 7 sep 2012 - 0:34

Hello dear Om Kesas,

If you define clean water = water, so the water treated by chlorination, filtration and / or other additives to make it safe for consumption, I can say that it is still not drinking water can be.
The water company I worked in the laboratory, has many years the water as you describe is measured and monitored on the crane at the consumer of the water of Bogor.
It was often no potable water to be!
(Pending the factory to the consumer were many illegal taps, making it no longer filled with water had: Infections with defective materials, even soap)
Colleagues of mine have done the same with the water company in Jakarta, there was even worse!).
We the people are trained and educated. Partly in Indonesia and in the Netherlands. Also our company has technical equipment and laboratory equipment free data.

After about 10 (!) Year was the day that the aid was stopped. (everything was paid by Dutch companies).
Boiling water only helps against bacteria and not against some viruses, but there may be in the hazardous mineral spring water, such as heavy metals, sulfur, nitrogen compounds and other hazardous substances, thus helping not cook!
Chlorination and filtration does not work, or are there other measures should be taken, it is sometimes fails, it becomes very expensive osmosis technique. That costs a lot of money and a very good service. Almost daily!

Sorry for my bad English!

DK
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: 1.17m residents have no access to clean water   1.17m residents have no access to clean water Icon_minitime

1.17m residents have no access to clean water
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Jakarta govt orders water companies to supply water to residents
» And we are still talking about clean water?
» Makassar facing clean water shortage
» Desperate residents rely on water deliveries as lifeline
» Gorontalo Residents Advised to Stock Water Ahead of Major Shut Down

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Indonesië :: Berichten :: News in English-
Ga naar: